Zayn Malik tour 2018: first concerts set to kick off this summer
Staff writer - June 04, 2018

Zayn Malik tour 2018: first concerts set to kick off this summer

UPDATE: Zayn's first solo tour begins in August, according to promoter
Zaym Malik in the UK

Looks like a Zayn Malik 2018 tour could be announced any day now as the star claims to be over the anxiety that previously derailed any chances of solo concerts.

The official Zayn Malik website's tour page says simply "coming soon...", which has done little to keep the ‘Pillowtalk’ singer’s “Zquad” placated.

But new reports suggest a Zayn 2018 tour announcement is imminent.

Here's the latest news on Zayn Malik’s tour - which will be his first as a solo artist since leaving boy band One Direction.

Zayn Malik tour 2018: what we know

 

A post shared by Zayn Malik (@zayn) on

UPDATE: Zayn will apparently embark on his first tour this summer when he plays a series of concerts in Mumbai.

According to IANS (India's largest newswire), the British-Pakistani singer is confirmed to play live in the Indian city on August 3, before further concerts in Delhi, Kolkata and Hyderabad - and possibly Nepal.

JPR events director Sunil Hamal said he is also trying to organise concerts for another former One Directioner in India.

He said, "Zayn has a very good fan following here so, I thought why not Zayn. I am also in touch with (former bandmate) Liam Payne."

The star - who released his first song with lyrics completely in Hindi earlier this year - is likely to announce a UK tour as well, but not necessarily before the India concerts take place.

The former One Direction star says he's currently working on his second album, but fans have been wondering why he never announced a tour to promote the first one ‘Mind of Mine’.

 

A post shared by Zayn Malik (@zayn) on

Zayn has been struggling with anxiety and stagefright since splitting with the boy band in 2015.

The Bradford singer pulled out of a Capital's Summertime Ball performance at the last minute in June 2016, later tweeting an explanation to fans:

Zayn then cancelled another gig in Dubai for the same reasons. He posted a heartfelt apology to fans on the website of 117Live (organisers of the cancelled Dubai show).

It read:

Dear Fans

I have been working over the last three months to overcome my extreme anxiety around major live solo performances. I feel I am making progress but I have today acknowledged that I do not feel sufficiently confident to move forward with the planned show in Dubai in October. I am truly sorry to disappoint you. I hope to see you all soon. Thank you to all my fans who support me globally.

With love and respect always,

Zayn

 

A post shared by Zayn Malik (@zayn) on

However, the star recently revealed to Fader that he feels happier about performing live now, and that a tour announcement has taken so long because he simply wasn’t happy with the amount of material he had.

He told the magazine, “We did a few auditions for the band, and we got a band together, but I just wasn’t feeling it. The first record... I didn’t feel like there was enough material to do a proper show. So I just waved it off until the second album, so I can get the best of both.

“I think my confidence is definitely improved now, so a tour is definitely on the cards. I’m excited to start rehearsing.”

Zayn later confirmed "I'm ready to do my thing" and is planning a "spectacular" tour.

 

A post shared by Zayn Malik (@zayn) on

While the star didn't reveal many details about the upcoming concerts, he did say he's happy he has enough material to keep the crowds entertained.

He told Interview, "I did not want to go on stage and just play one album. I want to play a spectacular show and hits. People should be entertained from the first to the last minute, but that does not work if you have only a handful of songs. I think, with the new album I have enough songs together.

“The pressure was much too high then. I had just left the biggest band in the world and constantly had to justify why I had quit so quickly and so suddenly. That was just a bit much. But now I’m ready to do my thing.”

Zayn Malik was the first member of One Direction to announce a solo career, but former bandmates Harry Styles and Niall Horan have beat him to the punch with world tour announcements.

Zayn later added in an interview with BBC Radio 1's Nick Grimshaw, "I think my confidence has grown in the last year and a half. Just working on a lot of personal issues with just me, leaving the band and not really knowing what was going on for a while.

“I was just putting out a record and not really being as prominent as I wanted to be. But this time around I feel like I am more confident and I really believe in what's going on, so I want to convey that to my fans.”

RELATED: Niall Horan UK tour 2018: all you need to know and latest news

Zayn Malik new album: what we know so far…

Zayn has released new music that could appear on the new album.

'Let Me' stars Zayn as an action hero and sees him fighting bad guys in a club and riding off in a speedboat with a beautiful woman.

Prior to the new track's release, Zayn deleted all the posts on his social media accounts in a similar move to Taylor Swift just before she announced her new album and tour.

RELATED: Taylor Swift UK tour 2018: everything you need to know

The next Zayn single to get an official music video was 'Entertainer'.

Fans remarked on the striking resemblance the female actress in the video (Sofia Jamora) has to Zayn's ex Gigi Hadid (the couple announced their split on March 13, although have since been spotted together).

In a September 2017 Fader interview, Zayn confirmed the new album is “pretty much there” and an announcement should follow in “a couple of months”. He added that he was adding songs and "mixing things around."

Luckily for fans, the singer’s anxiety hasn’t kept him from the studio.

Zayn has already released the first single from the upcoming new album: ‘Still Got TIme’ featuring PartyNextDoor.

Seemingly comfortable in the studio, Zayn followed up with another release ‘Dusk Till Dawn' - this time teaming up with ‘Chandelier’ singer Sia.

The video was helmed by ‘The Amazing Spider-Man’ and ‘500 Days of Summer’ director Marc Webb.

Recently, rumours emerged of a Nicki Minaj collaboration on the new record. 

In an interview with Scott Mills on BBC Radio 1, Zayn confirmed the team up, saying simply, "there's a Nicki Minaj feature on there" but revealed no further details about the track.

The collaborations on his new album are not the first for the star, who recently won a VMA Award for ‘Best Collaboration’ for his work with Taylor Swift on track ‘I Don’t Wanna Live Forever

A new single called 'Hurt' has reportedly been registered by Zayn. Songwriting credits include Chloe Angelides (‘Fetish’, Selena Gomez), as well as Andrew Watt and Ali Tamposi (‘Havana’, Camila Cabello).

Rumour has it that Zayn is also working on a track for the upcoming live-action 'Aladdin' film - with Selena Gomez.

A Selena Gomez fan account suggested the pair will be teaming up for the Guy Ritchie directed feature, which quickly blew up online. So far, nothing has been confirmed by Gomez, Malik or Disney.

MORE: 10 Selena Gomez Insta posts that won the Internet

Zayn has also recorded a new Bollywood track - and he sings the entire track in Hindi.

The star - who graced the cover of India's Elle magazine - revealed the new song will feature in an upcoming Indian film.

He told the magazine, "It’s one of the first songs I’ve sung in full Hindi, so it’s going to be cool to see what the response to that is."

Zayn Malik’s first album ‘Mind of Mine’ went straight to number one in the UK and set a record for the highest-streamed debut by a British male.

It received praise across the board, making the upcoming new album highly anticipated by both fans and critics.

MORE: Harry Styles 2018 tour: the complete guide and latest news

Stay tuned to LineUp for the latest news on the Zayn Malik tour 2018 and his new album.

Share