Michael Kiwanuka tour rescheduled, don’t miss his new 2020 UK dates
The Michael Kiwanuka tour has been rescheduled to later in 2020 — keeping reading to see where he is playing, when and how to get tickets to catch the “Cold Little Heart” singer.
British singer Michael Kiwanuka has postponed his spring UK tour until the autumn, when he will perform across Britain and Europe — including a massive show at Alexandra Palace in London on 27 November.
Kiwanuka said in a statement,"Pleased to announce rescheduled UK tour dates, original tickets remain valid. Hope you can make it. Thanks for being patient. Keep safe and well.”
He has some previously confirmed dates before the autumn 2020 tour as well including shows at Dublin’s Trinity College on 29 June, Edinburgh’s Princes Street Gardens on 11 and a headlining slot at Green Man Festival on the weekend of 20-23 August.
The Michael Kiwanuka tour had to be rescheduled due to the singer falling ill, albeit not with COVID-19 (coronavirus). He was diagnosed with acute viral laryngitis and, following medical advice, had to cancel his shows in London, Manchester, Cambridge, Leicester, Leeds, Glasgow, Newcastle as well as a leading slot at the BBC 6 Music Festival.
In his review of Kiwanuka’s tour, The Guardian writer Dave Simpson said, "The London-born son of Ugandan immigrants is connecting with something deeper: soulful music steeped in self-doubt, global problems, emotional agony and fleeting glimpses of ecstasy.”
He continued, “A superb six-piece band (including the two singers) mesmerically recreate album highlights. Although there are echoes of Bill Withers and Trouble Man-era Marvin Gaye, it’s not overburdened by nostalgia.”
When he hits the road again this autumn, the Michael Kiwanuka tour will be promoting his latest album, Kiwanuka, which reached No. 2 on the UK Albums Chart. Seaking of the record, Music Week quotes the singer as saying, “I'm super proud and overwhelmed by the response and how it's been received. People are still discovering it. It’s quite overwhelming because it feels like the music is getting to more people. I’m at a new stage career-wise in terms of the amount of people coming to shows.”
On top of having a third hit album, Kiwanuka also won the BBC Sound of 2012 as well as prizes at the Brit Awards, MTV Europe Music Awards, Mercury Prize and BBC Music Awards. His track “Cold Little Heart” was selected as the theme tune for the hit HBO show Big Little Lies, which wrapped its second series last year.
Can’t wait for the Michael Kiwanuka tour this autumn? Keep reading for everything you need to know before you go.
Be there: Michael Kiwanuka Tickets
Michael Kiwanuka FAQ
- What is Michael Kiwanuka’s birthday? 3 May 1987
- How old is Michael Kiwanuka? 32 years old
- Where was Michael Kiwanuka born? London, UK
- Where does Michael Kiwanuka live? Southampton, UK
- What genre of music is Michael Kiwanuka? Indie rock, folk rock
- What are Michael Kiwanuka’s albums? Home Again (2012), Love & Hate (2016), Kiwanuka (2019)
- What are the best-known Michael Kiwanuka songs? “Home Again”, “I’m Getting Ready”, “Tell Me a Tale”, “Love & Hate”, “One More Night”, “Cold Little Heart”, “Hero”, “You Ain’t The Problem”
- Something you didn’t know: Between the ages of four and six, Kiwanuka supported Manchester United but cheers for Tottenham now (as told to The Guardian)
What are the Michael Kiwanuka tour dates?
After his spring shows were cancelled, the Michael Kiwanuka tour was rescheduled to autumn 2020. He will play in major cities and arenas across the country including Manchester, Glasgow and London, with a massive final performance at Alexandra Palace. Ahead of his 2020 UK tour, Kiwanuka will also play at Dublin’s Trinity College in June as well as the Green Man Festival in August.
Michael Kiwanuka 2020 UK tour dates
- 11 August 2020 — Princes Street Gardens, Edinburgh
- 31 August 2020 — Barrowland Ballroom, Glasgow
- 1 September 2020 — O2 Academy Newcastle, Newcastle Upon Tyne
- 3 September 2020 — O2 Apollo, Manchester,
- 4 September 2020 — Corn Exchange, Cambridge
- 5 September 2020 — O2 Academy Brixton, London
- 7 September 2020 — De Montfort Hall, Leicester
- 8 September 2020 — O2 Academy Leeds, Leeds
- 13 November 2020 — Brighton Centre, Brighton
- 14 November 2020 — Empress Ballroom, Blackpool
- 21 November 2020 — Plymouth Pavilions, Plymouth
- 22 November 2020 — Bonus Arena, Hull
- 27 November 2020 — Alexandra Palace, London
Does Michael Kiwanuka have a new album coming out?
It does not seem likely that Michael Kiwanuka has a new album coming out as he just released his latest record Kiwanuka in 2019. Additionally, he will be on his UK tour in 2020.
What nationality is Michael Kiwanuka?
Michael Kiwanuka is British. He was born in London to Ugandan parents, who fled the regime of Idi Amin. He recently moved to Southampton with his wife.
How to get Michael Kiwanuka tickets
Didn’t get Michael Kiwanuka tickets in time? Don’t worry, we’ll be your Hero! You can always find Michael Kiwanuka tickets on StubHub.