Michael Kiwanuka tour rescheduled, don’t miss his new 2021 UK dates
The Michael Kiwanuka tour has been rescheduled on several dates in 2021 — keep reading to see where he is playing, when and how to get tickets to catch the “Cold Little Heart” singer.
British singer Michael Kiwanuka has postponed his spring UK tour to next year amid current covid-19 restrictions, he will perform across Britain and Ireland — including a massive show at Alexandra Palace in London on 17 September.
Kiwanuka said in a statement,"UK folks, with respect to and in line with the Covid guidelines we have had to push the tour dates back to next year. If you've bought a ticket, it will remain valid so keep a hold of it. Really missing playing live for you and can't wait to get back out on the road to pick up where we left off! Love and miss y’all and hope you’re keeping safe”.
The Michael Kiwanuka tour had to initially be rescheduled due to the singer falling ill, albeit not with COVID-19 (coronavirus). He was diagnosed with acute viral laryngitis and, following medical advice, had to cancel his shows in London, Manchester, Cambridge, Leicester, Leeds, Glasgow, Newcastle as well as a leading slot at the BBC 6 Music Festival.
In his review of Kiwanuka’s tour, The Guardian writer Dave Simpson said, "The London-born son of Ugandan immigrants is connecting with something deeper: soulful music steeped in self-doubt, global problems, emotional agony and fleeting glimpses of ecstasy.”
He continued, “A superb six-piece band (including the two singers) mesmerically recreate album highlights. Although there are echoes of Bill Withers and Trouble Man-era Marvin Gaye, it’s not overburdened by nostalgia.”
When he hits the road again in 2021, the Michael Kiwanuka tour will be promoting his latest album, Kiwanuka, which reached No. 2 on the UK Albums Chart. Seaking of the record, Music Week quotes the singer as saying, “I'm super proud and overwhelmed by the response and how it's been received. People are still discovering it. It’s quite overwhelming because it feels like the music is getting to more people. I’m at a new stage career-wise in terms of the amount of people coming to shows.”
On top of having a third hit album, Kiwanuka also won the BBC Sound of 2012 as well as prizes at the Brit Awards, MTV Europe Music Awards, Mercury Prize and BBC Music Awards. His track “Cold Little Heart” was selected as the theme tune for the hit HBO show Big Little Lies, which wrapped its second series last year.
Can’t wait for the Michael Kiwanuka tour in 2021? Keep reading for everything you need to know before you go.
Be there: Michael Kiwanuka Tickets
Michael Kiwanuka FAQ
- What is Michael Kiwanuka’s birthday? 3 May 1987
- How old is Michael Kiwanuka? 32 years old
- Where was Michael Kiwanuka born? London, UK
- Where does Michael Kiwanuka live? Southampton, UK
- What genre of music is Michael Kiwanuka? Indie rock, folk rock
- What are Michael Kiwanuka’s albums? Home Again (2012), Love & Hate (2016), Kiwanuka (2019)
- What are the best-known Michael Kiwanuka songs? “Home Again”, “I’m Getting Ready”, “Tell Me a Tale”, “Love & Hate”, “One More Night”, “Cold Little Heart”, “Hero”, “You Ain’t The Problem”
- Something you didn’t know: Between the ages of four and six, Kiwanuka supported Manchester United but cheers for Tottenham now (as told to The Guardian)
What are the Michael Kiwanuka tour dates?
After his 2021 shows were cancelled, the Michael Kiwanuka tour was rescheduled to spring and summer 2021. He will play in major cities and arenas across the country including Manchester, Glasgow and London, with a massive final performance at Alexandra Palace.
Michael Kiwanuka 2021 UK tour dates
- 26 March 2020 — O2 Academy Glasgow, Glasgow (new venue)
- 27 March 2021 — Bonus Arena, Hull
- 29 March 2021 — O2 Apollo, Manchester
- 30 March 2021 — Empress Ballroom, Blackpool
- 1 April 2021 — De Montfort Hall, Leicester
- 2 April 2021 — Plymouth Pavilions, Plymouth
- 3 April 2021 — Brighton Centre, Brighton
- 5 April 2021 — O2 Academy Leeds, Leeds
- 6 April 2021 — O2 Academy Brixton, London
- 29 June 2021 — Trinity College, Dublin
- 9 August 2021 — Princes Street Gardens, Edinburgh
- 15 September 2021 — O2 Academy Newcastle, Newcastle Upon Tyne
- 16 September 2021 — Corn Exchange, Cambridge
- 17 September 2021 — Alexandra Palace, London
Does Michael Kiwanuka have a new album coming out?
It does not seem likely that Michael Kiwanuka has a new album coming out as he just released his latest record Kiwanuka in 2019, recently awarded with the 2020 "Album of the Year" Mercury Prize.
What nationality is Michael Kiwanuka?
Michael Kiwanuka is British. He was born in London to Ugandan parents, who fled the regime of Idi Amin. He recently moved to Southampton with his wife.
How to get Michael Kiwanuka tickets
Did you notice some of the shows are already sold out? Didn’t get Michael Kiwanuka tickets in time? Don’t worry, we’ll be your Hero! You can always find Michael Kiwanuka tickets on StubHub.