Jeff Lynne’s ELO: UK tour dates 2018
Jeff Lynne’s ELO (formerly Electric Light Orchestra or just ELO) are set to tour the UK this September/October - including four nights at The O2 in London.
The ‘Mr Blue Sky’ rockers are back for an extensive series of concerts in the UK and Europe - and there are still tickets available!
Here’s everything you need to know about Jeff Lynne’s ELO tour 2018 including where and when you can see them.
Jeff Lynne’s ELO tour: dates and venues
‘Evil Woman’ hitmakers ELO kickstart their tour on September 12, culminating in Belfast on October 26.
Due to huge demand for tickets, the band had to add an extra date at The O2 Arena, making it a four-night run at the London venue.
Here’s the complete list of dates for Jeff Lynne’s ELO UK and Europe tour 2018:
- Stockholm, Ericsson Globe (Sweden) - September 12
- Oslo, Spektrum (Norway) - September 14
- Copenhagen, Royal Arena (Denmark) - September 16
- Hamburg, Barclaycard Arena (Germany) - September 18
- Berlin, Mercedes-Benz Arena (Germany - September 19
- Munich, Olympiahalle (Germany) - September 21
- Vienna, Stadthalle (Austria) - September 23
- Mannheim, SAP Arena (Germany) - September 25
- Amsterdam, Ziggo Dome (Netherlands) - September 27
- Nottingham, Motorpoint Arena (UK) - September 30
- Glasgow, SSE Hydro (UK) - October 3
- Manchester Arena (UK) - October 5
- Manchester Arena (UK) - October 6
- Newcastle, Metro Radio Arena (UK) - October 9
- Birmingham, Arena Birmingham (UK) - October 10
- Birmingham, Arena Birmingham (UK) - October 12
- Birmingham, Arena Birmingham (UK) - October 13
- Leeds, First Direct Arena (UK) - October 15
- London, The O2 (UK) - October 17
- London, The O2 (UK) - October 18
- London, The O2 (UK) - October 20
- London, The O2 (UK) - October 21
- Liverpool, Echo Arena (UK) - October 23
- Dublin, 3Arena (Ireland) - October 25
- Belfast, SSE Arena (UK) - October 26
Lynne said of the ELO tour, “Our audiences are amazing. It’s like they’re in the group. We can’t wait to play for them again.”
What was the last album from Jeff Lynne’s ELO?
After a long hiatus, Jeff Lynne’s ELO came back came with their 13th studio album ‘Alone In The Universe’ in 2015.
Despite their absence from the music scene, the album went to number four in the UK album charts.
The band also released live DVD ‘Wembley or Bust’ in November 2017, after their 60,000-capacity sell-out show.
Why are they called Jeff Lynne’s ELO now?
As the band’s leader since 1972, Jeff Lynne decided to rebrand as Jeff Lynne’s ELO after tribute acts had been using the name ELO during their period of inactivity.
On top of that, former band member Bev Bevan - who left after two years of ELO's formation but retained the right to use the name - started ELO Part II.
Bevan’s ELO has since disbanded, but it did confuse things somewhat - hence Jeff Lynne's ELO.
Stay tuned to LineUp for more classic bands touring the UK in 2018.