Five Finger Death Punch tour rocking two 2020 UK dates
Five Finger Death Punch (5FDP) will be going on a 2020 European tour, with two dates in the UK in London and Cardiff.
They will be joined on stage by fellow metal bands Megadeth and Bad Wolves. Louder quotes Five Finger Death Punch guitarist Zoltan Bathory as saying, “The lineup is massive. Bad Wolves were the break out band of recent years and are certainly bringing the heat.”
He continues, “Megadeth needs no introduction, they are absolute legends. Dave Mustaine’s contribution to this genre is simply immeasurable. I consider him one of the founding fathers of not just thrash but heavy metal in general, because his riffs and guitar playing have influenced everyone that was in Megadeth’s blast radius – and that’s a big radius.”
Beyond preparing for the Five Finger Death Punch tour, the American heavy metal rock band is also in the studio working on a new album for 2020. In August, bassist Chris Kael confirmed three songs had been finished. While the record doesn’t have a name yet, 5FDP have released its lead single: “Inside Out”.
The band has been dropping major hints about the album on social media, though none were quite as explosive as lead singer Ivan Moody’s Instagram post where he knocks through some drywall — not unlike the famous Kool-Aid Man adverts.
In the video, Moody screams “AHHH!” as he crashes through the drywall before saying, "That's what the new CD sounds like! Yeah!” He isn’t the only one who’s been producing his own exciting content. The band’s former and founding drummer Jeremy Spencer has also been keeping (and getting) busy in a soft-core porn horror series for Pornhub.
Titled “LadyKiller TV”, Spencer co-directed, wrote, produced and provided the music for the Halloween-themed programme. He left the band permanently last year due to physical health issues related to drumming and has also recently enlisted as a reserve police officer.
Spencer has been replaced by Five Finger Death Punch’s new drummer Charlie Engen, who the band discovered on Instagram. Loudwire quotes founding guitarist Zoltan Bathory as saying, “He's an unbelievable drummer. The funny thing was that Jeremy kind of found him. But I followed him, so when he said who it is, I'm like, 'Oh yeah, that kid is fucking amazing!' So I already thought about him, so that was pretty cool. So I guess you could say that Jeremy handed down the torch. Almost a fairy tale, without fairies.”
The upcoming Five Finger Death Punch tour will be Engen’s first with the band. Ready to put the pedal to the heavy metal? Keep reading for everything you need to know before you go.
Five Finger Death Punch fast facts
- Formed: 2005
- Hometown: Las Vegas, USA
- Group members: Zoltan Bathory (rhythm guitar), Ivan Moody (lead vocals) Jason Hook – lead guitar, backing vocals, Chris Kael (bass, backing vocals), Charlie Engen (drums)
- Number of studio albums: 7 released; The Way of the Fist (2007), War Is the Answer (2009), American Capitalist (2011), The Wrong Side of Heaven and the Righteous Side of Hell, Volume 1 (2013), The Wrong Side of Heaven and the Righteous Side of Hell, Volume 2 (2013), Got Your Six (2015), And Justice for None (2018)
- Musical style: Heavy metal, rock
- Most famous singles: “Bad Company”, “Jekyll and Hyde”, “Lift Me Up”, “Wrong Side of Heaven”, “Wash It All Away”
Where does the name Five Finger Death Punch come from?
The name Five Finger Death Punch comes from Hong Kong kung-fu cinema.
When is the release date for Five Finger Death Punch’s new album?
Currently, the new 5FDP album does not have a release date. The band’s eighth record was recorded this year in Las Vegas, according to Blabbermouth. The site quotes Bathory as stating the LP could be their best yet, saying, “We have a little pie that we belong to in the musical spectrum, and within that, the grooves — there are these big, nasty grooves that feel just heavier and grimier, and that's kind of what's happening. The energy of what's in the band now is affecting this process.”
While recording is allegedly going smoother and faster than usual, Bathory’s words on the release date are: “It will be what it will be. At the end of the day, we are in a fortunate situation where we can take as long as we want to. We can be in the studio forever if we wanted to.”
What are Five Finger Death Punch tour dates in 2020?
While 5FDP will be touring most of Europe throughout January and February 2020, with their only two UK dates are in London and Cardiff. That said, they will be playing in plenty of countries just a short flight away. They will be joined by Megadeth and Bad Wolves on the tour.
Five Finger Death Punch European tour dates:
- 20 January — Hartwall Arena — Helsinki, Finland
- 22 January — Hovet — Stockholm, Sweden
- 23 January — Spektrum — Oslo, Norway
- 24 January — Royal Arena — Copenhagen, Denmark
- 26 January — AFAS Live — Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- 28 January — Zenith — Paris, France
- 30 January — Cardiff Arena — Cardiff, UK
- 31 January — Wembley Arena — London, UK
- 2 February — Rockhal — Esch-sur-Alzette, Luxembourg
- 3 February — Max-Schmeling Halle — Berlin, Germany
- 4 February — Sporthalle — Hamburg, Germany
- 6 February — Festhalle — Frankfurt, Germany
- 8 February — König-Pilsener Arena — Oberhausen, Germany
- 9 February — Schleyerhalle — Stuttgart, Germany
- 10 February — Olympiahalle — Munich, Germany
- 12 February — Torwar — Warsaw, Poland
- 14 February — Tipsport Arena — Prague, Czech Republic
- 16 February — Alcatrazz — Milan, Italy
- 17 February — Hallenstadion — Zurich, Switzerland
- 19 February — Stadthalle — Vienna, Austria
- 20 February — Budapest Sportarena — Budapest, Hungary
- 22 February — Arena Armeec — Sofia, Bulgaria
At the start of the Five Finger Death Punch tour, the band will also do three shows across the Ukraine and Russia without Megadeth and Bad Wolves.
How to get Five Finger Death Punch tickets?
Tickets for 5FDP’s 2020 tour went on sale 13 September 2019n on Live Nation. Worried they’ll sell out fast? Don’t worry — you can find guaranteed genuine Five Finger Death Punch tickets on StubHub.