Elton John tour 2019/2020: when is the star performing in the UK?
Elton John has finally announced the UK dates of his last ever world tour - which will take place from June 2019.
The legendary performer has will play several UK dates as part of the mammoth farewell tour and has revealed the first venues.
Here’s everything we know about the last ever Elton John UK tour, including dates and cities...
Elton John UK tour: dates and European concerts
Elton John announced his farewell tour at an exclusive event in New York in January 2018.
The 'Tiny Dancer' singer is set to play a whopping 300 concerts around the world from September 2018 - including a string of UK dates - before he takes his final bow in 2021.
Here's the complete list of Elton John's UK and Europe 2019 tour dates:
- Vienna, Stadthalle (Austria) - May 1
- Vienna, Stadthalle (Austria) - May 2
- Krakow, Tauron Arena (Poland) - May 4
- Prague, 02 Arena (Czech Republic) - May 7
- Bremen, OVB Arena (Germany) - May 9
- Stuttgart, Schleyerhalle (Germany) - May 11
- Oberhausen, KoPi Arena (Germany) - May 12
- Amsterdam, Ziggodome (Netherlands) - May 15
- Copenhagen, Royal Arena (Denmark) - May 18
- Gothenburg, Scandinavium (Sweden) - May 19
- Hannover, Tui Arena (Germany) - May 22
- Antwerp, Sportpaleis (Germany) - May 23
- Munich, Olympiahalle (Germany) - May 26
- Verona, Italy Arena (Italy) - May 29
- Verona, Italy Arena (Italy) - May 30
- Wiebasden, Bowling Green (Germany) - June 1
- Amsterdam, Ziggodome, Netherlands - June 8
- Hove, Central Country Ground (UK) - June 9
- Dublin, 3Arena (Ireland) - June 12
- Dublin, 3Arena (Ireland) - June 13
- Cardiff City Stadium (UK) - June 15
- Madrid, WiZink Center (Spain) - June 26
- Montreux Jazz Festival (Switzerland) - June 29
- Montreux Jazz Festival (Switzerland) - June 30
- Graz, Mese Graz Open Air (Austria) - July 3
- Munich, Olympiahalle (Germany) - July 5
- Lucca Summer Festival (Italy) - July 7
Elton said, "I am very happy to announce the launch of my UK Farewell Yellow Brick Road Tour with concerts in Hove and Cardiff.
"The audiences in the South Coast and Wales have always been some of the most welcoming and exciting I have played in front of over the past forty-two years, and the band and I are so excited to say goodbye in the most fantastic way.
"It’s going to be amazing!”
Elton later revealed UK concerts set for 2020:
- London, O2 Arena (UK) - November 6
- London, O2 Arena (UK) - November 7
- Birmingham, Resorts World Arena (UK) - November 9
- Birmingham, Resorts World Arena (UK) - November 11
- Liverpool, Echo Arena (UK) - November 13
- Liverpool, Echo Arena (UK) - November 14
- Manchester Arena (UK) - November 17
- Aberdeen, TECA (UK) - November 20
- Aberdeen, TECA (UK) - November 21
- Glasgow, SSE Hydro (UK) - November 24
- Glasgow, SSE Hydro (UK) - November 25
- Manchester Arena (UK) - November 28
- Leeds, First Direct Arena (UK) - December 7
We already knew about Elton's 3Arena Dublin dates on June 12 and 13, and we guessed he'd squeeze UK concerts either side of them.
It seems he’s left plenty of space in his schedule for at least a few more UK dates in the summer month.
Failing that, Elton could chose to perform concerts in the UK either side of the Europe tour dates, which take place in May-June. The star has nothing scheduled for April, but could also perform summer concerts in July and headline a few British summer festivals.
Elton John announces his retirement
During his retirement announcement, Elton revealed he wants to focus on his husband David Furnish and two young children, but plans to give fans something to remember him by with the farewell tour.
He said, “I've had a good run, I think you'd admit that.
"I want to leave people thinking, 'I saw the last tour and it was fantastic.’”
Fans went crazy at the news of the Elton John farewell tour and ended up crashing the star’s official website EltonJohn.com.
Elton announced the tour with a VR experience (you can watch without a headset, just use the mouse to look around).
The full 30+ minute launch video - during which Elton performs ‘Tiny Dancer’ and ‘I'm Still Standing’ - has also been posted to YouTube.
In 2018, Elton performed a duet with Miley Cyrus at the 2018 Grammy Awards.
Elton John has sold more than 300 million records over his impressive career. The most popular tracks on his YouTube channel include ‘Sacrifice’...
…’I’m Still Standing’...
...and ‘I Guess That’s Why They Call It The Blues’.
Stay tuned to LineUp for the Elton John UK tour date announcements and latest news.