Diana Ross 2021 UK tour: Dates, venues and how to get tickets
Diana Ross will be here for a nine-date UK tour in 2021 — so stop (in the name of love) and keep reading so you can be there.
The iconic Motown singer and former the Supremes front-woman was supposed to tour the UK in summer 2020 but the tour got postponed due to covid-19 outbreak. New dates are now confirmed for her to come to six UK cities in 2021. Previously purchased tickets will be valid for the corresponding new date.
She was also announced as a Pyramid stage headliner for Glastonbury's 50th anniversary whose festival has also been cancelled this year.
Ross made the announcement via her Twitter, tweeting: “This is a dream come true. To all the fans across the world, this is my tribute to you. I’m coming to Glastonbury, with love. #Gladyonbury2020 @GlastoFest”. (Yes, she did call it “Gladyonbury” but nobody is perfect — including living musical legends.)
For those who can’t make it to Glastonbury, Diana Ross’ Top of the World Tour will be going around the UK — starting in Glasgow on 15 June and wrapping in London at the O2 on 15 July 2021. Originally, she was supposed to be in the Capital with just one date but demand has been so high, she decided to add a second and then a third show. She has already taken her show to arenas around the United States, where she has performed her classics like “I’m Coming Out”, “Upside Down”, “Take Me Higher” and more.
She has built up a huge catalogue of classics in her 60-year-career, rising to fame in the 1960s as the lead singer of the Supremes — at the time, Motown’s most popular act and still one of America’s best-charting girl groups. Ross went solo in 1970 and continues to be massively successful, with huge hits, innumerable awards and nominations, and she even received the Presidential Medal of Freedom from Barack Obama in 2016.
If there ain’t no mountain high enough to keep you from getting Diana Ross tickets, keep reading for everything you need to go know before you go to her 2021 UK tour.
Be there: Diana Ross UK Tour
Diana Ross fast facts
- Birthday: 26 March 1944 (age 75)
- Career began: 1959
- Hometown: Detroit, US
- Number of studio albums: 24
- Musical style: R&B, pop, soul, disco
- Most famous singles: "Ain't No Mountain High Enough”, “I’m Still Waiting”, “Touch Me In the Morning”, “Upside Down”, “My Old Piano”, “I’m Coming Out”, “Endless Love” ft. Lionel Richie, “All of My Life”, “You Are Everything” ft. Marvin Gaye, “Why Do Fools Fall in Love”, “Chain Reaction”, "When You Tell Me That You Love Me” with Westlife
- Something you didn’t know: Diana Ross was nominated for 12 Grammy Awards but never won; she was given a Grammy Lifetime Achieve Award in 2012
What are the Diana Ross 2021 UK tour dates?
In announcing her UK tour, Diana Ross tweeted: I am in total appreciation of all. I’m feeling Great, life is so good. My love, my light is steady and constant. I focus on joy. I love looking at the energy all around me. I am so so so grateful.”
I am in total appreciation of all. I’m feeling Great, life is so good. My love, my light is steady and constant. I focus on joy. I love looking at the energy all around me.
I am so so so grateful. pic.twitter.com/ET7XLPFqIU
— Ms. Ross (@DianaRoss) October 25, 2019
Diana Ross 2021 tour dates
- 15 June — SSE Hydro Arena, Glasgow
- 16 June — First Direct Arena, Leeds
- 18 June — Manchester Arena, Manchester
- 19 June — M&S Bank Arena, Liverpool
- 21 June — The O2, London
- 22 June — The O2, London
- 24 June — Arena Birmingham, Birmingham
- 14 July — Manchester Arena, Manchester
- 15 July — The O2, London
What is the Top of the World setlist?
While the official setlist for the 2021 Diana Ross tour in the UK has yet to be released, we do know what she performed in the US thanks to Setlist.fm. Below are the songs the Motown queen did at her in St. Louis, Missouri, show earlier this year.
Diana Ross Top of the World Tour setlist
- I'm Coming Out
- More Today Than Yesterday
- Stop! In the Name of Love
- Come See About Me
- You Can't Hurry Love
- Touch Me in the Morning
- Love Child
- The Boss
- Upside Down
- Love Hangover
- Take Me Higher
- Ease on Down the Road
- The Look of Love (Burt Bacharach cover)
- Don't Explain (Billie Holiday cover)
- Why Do Fools Fall in Love (Frankie Lymon & The Teenagers cover)
- Ain't No Mountain High Enough (Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell cover)
- I Will Survive (Gloria Gaynor cover)
- Reach Out and Touch (Somebody's Hand)
How to get Diana Ross tickets
Tickets for the Diana Ross tour went on sale on 1 November 2019 and are selling out quickly. While you can’t hurry love, you should hurry to secure your seats. Don’t worry — you can always find guaranteed genuine Diana Ross tickets on StubHub.