Craig David 2020 tour celebrates Born To Do It anniversary
British R&B singer Craig David is going on a massive 11-date 2020 UK arena tour in celebration of the 20th anniversary of his debut album, Born to Do It.
Released in 2000, the record produced such verified bops as “Fill Me In”, “7 Days” and “Walking Away”. Titled the Hold That Thought Tour, his next round of performances will kick off in April 2020 — launching in Cardiff and wrapping up in Glasgow, with stops in Manchester, Birmingham, London and more along the way.
Born to Do It made David the fastest selling British male solo act ever when it came out, moving over 7.5 million copies worldwide. In the subsequent two decades, he’s gone on to release another five albums and rack up 14 BRIT Award and two Grammy Award nominations. He has also had 23 UK top 40 singles and over 5 billion streams globally.
Speaking about the Hold That Thought Tour, Capital FM quotes David as saying, “I can’t wait to bring my live band and TS5 shows together for this special 2020 Arena Tour and given that it’s 20 years since the release of ‘Born to Do It’, there will be some special surprises in there. It’s time to party!”
This past summer, David was spotted touring the UK appearing at festivals and events around the country. He also showed in the Love Island villa, giving contestants a private DJ performance — to much fanfare on social media and from cast member Anton, in particular.
Fan @jodiesbafta tweeted, “Anton fanboying over Craig David is the purest thing I've ever seen #Loveisland”, while @lveisland said, "anton is more excited to see craig david than any girl that’s ever walked in the villa lmao #loveisland”.
Speaking of Love Island, Metro quotes David as saying, “Yeah I love the show. There are friendships here and love going on, even among all the chaos that can happen from show to show.”
Want to be there for his next Rendezvous? Keep reading for everything you need to know before you to the 2020 Craig David tour.
Be there: Craig David UK Tour
Craig David fast facts
- Career began: 1997
- Hometown: Southampton, UK
- Number of studio albums: 7; Born to Do It (2000), Slicker Than Your Average (2002), The Story Goes... (2005), Trust Me (2007), Signed Sealed Delivered (2010), Following My Intuition (2016), The Time Is Now (2018)
- Musical style: R&B, hip-hop, dance
- Most famous singles: “Fill Me In”, “7 Days”, “Rendezvous”, “Walking Away”, “What’s Your Flava”, "Rise & Fall” ft. Sting, "All the Way”, "Don't Love You No More (I'm Sorry)”, "Hot Stuff (Let's Dance)”, "I Know You” ft. Bastille, “Re-Rewind (The Crowd Say Bo Selecta)” ft. Artful Dodger
What are the 2020 Craig David tour dates?
Craig David’s Hold That Thought anniversary tour will bring him to 11 cities around the UK in April 2020. There will doubtlessly be fans present both for his classic hits from Born to Do It as well as those who love his new material, including garage hits like “Ain't Givin' Up” and “Heartline”.
David tells Shortlist: “For the fans that have grown up with me, some of their fondest memories are from when they were young, free and careless — they can remember the songs that spark memories for them. Let’s go back there! It’s not all about having the weight of the world on your shoulders, it really isn’t.”
Craig David tour dates:
- 13 April — Cardiff Motorpoint Arena, Cardiff
- 14 April — Bournemouth International Centre, Bournemouth
- 16 April — Leeds First Direct Arena, Leeds
- 17 April — Manchester Arena, Manchester
- 19 April — Arena Birmingham, Birmingham
- 21 April — Liverpool Echo Arena, Liverpool
- 22 April — Brighton Centre, Brighton
- 24 April — Nottingham Motorpoint Arena, Nottingham
- 25 April — London, The O2
- 28 April — Newcastle, O2 Academy
- 29 April — Glasgow, O2 Academy
Is Craig David releasing a new album?
David has also released two singles in 2019 —"When You Know What Love Is” and "Do You Miss Me Much”— though he has yet to announce his next studio album. Chances are though, if he does, he will perform some new material on his Hold That Thought Tour in 2020.
Shortlist quotes David as saying, “A new album is a definite next year, one hundred percent. I like to think that this album will be so fun and playful — but with a positive and uplifting message.”
How to get Craig David tickets?
Tickets for the Craig David tour went on sale on 13 September 2019. Can’t find any? Hold That Thought — you can find guaranteed genuine Craig David tickets on StubHub.