Best UK festivals 2020: Lineups, news and how to get tickets
The best UK festivals of 2020 are nearly here — are you ready yet?
This summer promises to be a massive year for UK festival lovers. Isle of Wight Festival and Glastonbury are both celebrating their 50th anniversaries and will be bringing some of the biggest artists on the planet to Britain. Plus, there will be plenty of returning favourites like Creamfields, Isle of Wight Festival and British Summer Time Hyde Park to continue raising the bar — and the volume.
Keep reading to see our list of the best UK festivals 2020, or start shopping tickets here:
We Are FSTVL 2020
- Where: Damyn’s Hall Aerodrome, Upminster (Greater London)
- When: 23-24 May 2020
- Festival lineup highlights: MK, Claptone, Sub Focus, GW Harrison, Mambo Brothers, Ellie Cocks, Armand Van Helden, Camelphat, Carl Cox, Andy C, Black Madonna, Charlotte de Witte, Jamie Jones, Nina Kraviz…
- Be there: We Are FSTVL 2020 Tickets
Held over the May bank holiday, We Are FSTVL 2020 keeps fans sweating with five stages of dance and electronic music. This year’s event is promoted as the biggest and best yet, with organisers also promising to lower drink prices, reserve 20,000 tickets at under £50 for early birds, more entrances for less queueing and better weatherproofing.
Not satisfied with just one We Are FSTVL 2020? Good, because there’s three — organisers are also launching FSTVL Ibiza 2020 this year as well as hosting their annual autumn event, We Are Halloween FSTVL 2020.
Isle of Wight Festival 2020
- Where: Newport, Isle of Wight
- When: 11-14 June 2020
- Festival lineup highlights: Lewis Capaldi, Lionel Richie, Snow Patrol, Pete Tong, The Chemical Brothers, Sam Fender, James Arthur, Duran Duran, Dido, Kaiser Chiefs…
- Be there: Isle of Wight Festival Tickets
Much like Glastonbury 2020, the Isle of Wight Festival 2020 is celebrating its 50th anniversary this year. While the first edition was technically in 1968, it didn’t find its footing until 1970 when legendary artists like Jimi Hendrix, Miles Davis, The Doors, The Who, Joni Mitchell and Leonard Cohen took to the stage. The Isle of Wight Festival 2020 lineup will also be one for the history books, with contemporary and classic hitmakers from Lewis Capaldi to Lionel Richie set to perform.
Download Festival 2020
- Where: Donington Park Circuit, Leicestershire
- When: 12-14 June 2020
- Festival lineup highlights: Kiss, Iron Maiden, System of a Down, Deftones, Gojira, Korn, Disturbed, The Offspring, Volbeat, Killswitch Engage, Babymetal, The Pretty Reckless, Airbourne, Skillet, Baroness, Lit, Bush, Wednesday 13…
- Be there: Download Festival Tickets
Download Festival 2020 is set to be the United Kingdom’s largest rock event. This year’s lineup ranges from classic rock to heavy metal, with Kiss, Iron Maiden and System of a Down headlining the three-day event. Other head-banging bands who will be playing at Donington Park Circuit including Slipknot (ahead of their highly anticipated Knotfest UK), Babymetal and pretty fly American group The Offspring.
Though Download Festival 2020 will be held in Leicestershire, the event also rocks and rolls around the world in France, Spain, Australia and Japan — with My Chemical Romance staging their recent return at the Aussie and Nippon editions.
Lovebox Festival 2020
- Where: Gunnersbury Park, London
- When: 12-14 June 2020
- Festival lineup highlights: Tyler, the Creator, Disclosure, Khalid, Charli XCX, FKA Twigs, Jorja Smith, Anderson.Paak, Peggy Gou, Hot Chip, Little Simz, Mabel…
- Be there: Lovebox Festival 2020 Tickets
Fans of Lovebox Festival 2020 will be happy to know this year’s edition has been extended to three days, helping to off-set the cancellation of Community Festival. The hip-hop and R&B event brings together the best sounds from dance, alternative pop, hip-hop, indie, R&B and more. Among the biggest acts on the Lovebox Festival 2020 lineup are Tyler, The Creator, Khalid and Anderson Paak as well as homegrown hitmakers like Charli XCX, Disclosure and FKA Twigs.
Held in Gunnersbury Park, London, this best UK festival was founded by DJs Groove Armada in 2002 and consistently brings together key talent, with previous top billers including Frank Ocean, Major Lazer, LCD Soundsystem, M.I.A and Azealia Banks.
Glastonbury Festival 2020
- Where: Worthy Farm, Glastonbury
- When: 24-28 June 2020
- Festival lineup highlights: Taylor Swift, Paul McCartney, Diana Ross… (more to come)
Glastonbury Festival 2020 will mark the event’s 50th anniversary and is looking to be the biggest ever. Among the confirmed headliners thus far are Taylor Swift and Paul McCartney on the Pyramid Stage, who will be joined by Diana Ross in the legends slot. While lineup details are still tight, rumour has it Aerosmith, Kendrick Lamar, the 1975, Spice Girls, Ariana Grande and even Elton John are potentially in the mix.
Capital Summertime Ball 2020
- Where: Wembley Stadium, London
- When: TBC — likely June 2020
- Festival lineup highlights: TBC
- Be there: Capital Summertime Ball 2020 Tickets
Though details are still scarce on Capital FM’s Summertime Ball 2020, the annual event never ceases to bring the biggest and best acts to Wembley Stadium in London. Last year’s lineup included Calvin Harris, Maroon 5, Halsey, Mark Ronson, Anne-Marie, Jonas Brothers, Jess Glynne, 5 Seconds of Summer, Khalid, Ellie Goulding, Rita Ora and many more. Watch this space — we’ll update as more information becomes available.
Wireless Festival 2020
- Where: Finsbury Park, London
- When: 3-5 July 2020
- Festival lineup highlights: TBC
- Be there: Wireless Festival 2020 Tickets
Even though the lineup has yet to be announced, tickets for Wireless Festival 2020 are already selling out fast. As London’s leading urban music festival, the acts usually include the biggest names across rap, grime, hip-hop and R&B. Last year’s edition was headlined by heavyweights including Cardi B, Travis Scott and A$AP Rocky, so you know the Wireless Festival 2020 lineup will be as good if not better.
British Summer Time Hyde Park 2020
- Where: Hyde Park, London
- When: 4-11 July 2020
- Festival lineup highlights: Little Mix, Taylor Swift, Kendrick Lamar, Pearl Jam, Rita Ora, Kesha, Zara Larsson, White Reaper, Pixies, James Blake, Alabama Shakes’ Brittany Howard… (more to come)
- Be there: BST Festival Tickets
British Summer Time Hyde Park 2020 (otherwise known as BST Hyde Park) has some of the biggest names on its lineup of any of the best UK festivals this year, particularly for pop fans. Among the headliners are the world’s biggest girl group, Little Mix, and one of the planet’s best-known female artists, Taylor Swift. American rock band Pearl Jam will also be leading another night, as will US rapper Kendrick Lamar.
Held in the centre of London, the BST Hyde Park 2020 lineup will be rounded out with supporting acts including Rita Ora, Kesha, Zara Larsson, White Reaper and the Pixies, though more are sure to be announced soon.
Latitude Festival 2020
- Where: Henham Park, Suffolk
- When: 16-19 July 2020
- Festival lineup highlights: HAIM, Liam Gallagher, The Chemical Brothers, The Lumineers, Michael Kiwanuka, Keane, Charli XCX, Local Natives, Phoebe Bridgers, Marika Hackman…
- Be there: Latitude Festival 2020 Tickets
Latitude Festival 2020 is where fantasy meets festival. Every year, it takes place in Suffolk’s gorgeous Henham Park, surrounded by forests and multi-coloured mutton. (Yes, you read that correctly. No, you don’t need to wait for the party favours to kick in — the sheep are dyed.)
The Latitude Festival 2020 lineup includes musicians from around the UK and the world, with this year’s headliners including HAIM, Liam Gallagher and The Chemical Brothers. HAIM is quoted by NME as saying: “Latitude has always been one of our favourite festivals to play, now we are so excited to come back and headline.”
Bringing littles ones with you? Latitude is a family friendly festival, with dedicated areas and activities for kids and teens.
Reading and Leeds Festivals 2020
- Where: Little John's Farm (Reading) and Bramham Park (Leeds)
- When: 23-25 August 2020
- Festival lineup highlights: Liam Gallagher… (more to come)
- Be there: Reading Festival Tickets, Leeds Festival Tickets
The Reading and Leeds Festivals 2020 are two separate UK festivals —Reading Festival and Leeds Festival— that take place simultaneously with identical lineups on the August bank holiday. The event is generally a mix of music styles, from heavy metal to classic rock to indie and rap. The Reading and Leeds Festivals were named the most popular festivals amongst UK fans on the 2019 State of Play Report.
While the only confirmed Reading and Leeds Festivals 2020 headliner thus far is ex-Oasis frontman Liam Gallagher, a leaked poster seems to show that he may be joined by fellow rockers Slipknot and My Chemical Romance. Other rumoured acts include The Courteeners, Two Door Cinema Club, Johnny Marr and Pale Waves.
Creamfields Festival 2020
- Where: Daresbury Estate, Cheshire
- When: 27-30 August 2020
- Festival lineup highlights: Camelphat, Armin van Buuren, Pendulum Trinity… (more to come)
- Be there: Creamfields Festival Tickets
According to organisers, Creamfields Festival 2020 has “the world’s biggest electronic festival lineup.” This year’s event will haves CamelPhat’s Dave Whelan and Mike Di Scala come home to Northern England to headline the Steel Yard stage on 30 August and perform to around 15,000 fans. Other acts attached to Creamfields 2020 include Armin van Buuren and Pendulum Trinity, though more will be announced soon.
Held over the August bank holiday weekend, Camelphat will join the world’s best DJs in an EDM explosion of pyrotechnics, lasers and stage productions at Creamfields Festival 2020. Can’t make it to Cheshire this summer? The UK festival has gone global, with the Creamfields brand now hosting similar events in Argentina, Lithuania, Lebanon and China.
Eastern Electrics 2020
- Where: Morden Park, London
- When: TBC — likely August 2020
- Festival lineup highlights: TBC
- Be there: Eastern Electrics 2020 Tickets
Ready to rave? Born from London’s thriving underground and electric scenes in 2007, Eastern Electrics has grown into one of the capital’s —and country’s— most popular techno, dance and club music festivals. While date and lineup details for 2020 have yet to be announced, fan saw sets from MK, DJ Claptone, Orbital and more in Morden Park.