Andrea Bocelli Tour 2021: Concert dates, venues and how to get tickets
Italian opera singer Andrea Bocelli will be performing in London and Dublin in October 2021 and performing his most recent albums: Si and Believe.
Released on 26 October 2018, Si made Bocelli the first classical singer to top the UK Albums Chart in 23 years. This hasn’t been done since The Three Tenors in 1996. The album features duets with Ed Sheeran, Dua Lipa, Josh Groban and Matteo Bocelli, the singer’s son.
Clearly fans are digging the duets as Si has sold over one million copies worldwide. Speaking about the record going to No. 1 in the UK, he tells inews, “Life never ceases to amaze. I would never have imagined achieving this, even in a country that welcomed me from the very beginning. What really counts is the affection of an audience — the handshakes, the smiles, the applauses.”
Bocelli also released an extended version of Si on 8 November titled Si Forever: The Diamond Edition. It features additional duets, including one with the American actress Jennifer Garner and a track with British songstress Ellie Goulding.
The Belfast Telegraph quotes Goulding as saying: “It was a huge honour that the legendary Andrea Bocelli wanted me to feature on this song with him. I have always had an affinity with classical music and I’m a sucker for a love song. It was fun and enlightening to sing in Italian — a real joy to record.”
The world-famous tenor is perhaps best known in the UK for duets with the likes of Sarah Brightman on “Time To Say Goodbye” and Celine Dion on “The Prayer”. Dion once said of the Italian singer, “If God had a singing voice he would sound like Andrea Bocelli.”
Over the course of his nearly four-decade career, Bocelli has become the best-selling classical artist of all time with over 80 million records sold worldwide. Many describe him as the master of “crossover classical”, harmonizing a traditional style with contemporary mainstream collaborators and sounds.
He has appeared in numerous esteemed operas including Romeo and Juliet, Carmen, Madame Butterfly, Werther and more. He has also performed for four US Presidents, two Popes and for royals from Prince Albert II of Monaco to Queen Elizabeth II to Princess Eugenie’s wedding. On Easter 2020, when covid-19 hit Italy as the first European country going into lockdown, he delivered an emotional solo performance live from the Duomo of Milan.
Bocelli's latest album, Believe, was released in November 2020 and features another tribute to a British Classic: You'll Never Walk Alone, whose version performed by Michael Ball alongside Captain Tom Moore managed to top the UK chart last year.
Want to be there when the Andrea Bocelli gets back on tour? Keep reading everything you need to know before you go.
Be there: Andrea Bocelli UK Tour
Andrea Bocelli fast facts
- Career began: 1982
- Hometown: Lajatico, Italy
- Number of studio albums: 17; Il Mare Calmo della Sera (1994), Bocelli (1995), Viaggio Italiano (1996–97), Aria: The Opera Album (1998), Sogno (1999), Sacred Arias (1999), Verdi (2000), Cieli di Toscana (2001), Sentimento (2002), Andrea (2004), Amore (2006), Incanto (2008), My Christmas (2009), Passione (2013), Cinema (2015), Sì (2018), Believe (2020)
- Musical style: Classical music, opera
- Most famous singles: "Time to Say Goodbye” ft. Sarah Brightman, “The Prayer” ft. Celine Dion, "Ave Maria”, “Con te partirò”, “Perfect Symphony” ft. Ed Sheehan
What are Andrea Bocelli’s UK tour dates?
The Andrea Bocelli tour will have two dates in London at the O2 and two dates in Dublin in October 2021. The dates were rescheduled from October 2020.
Andrea Bocelli tour dates:
- 2 October — London, the O2
- 3 October — London, the O2
- 7 October — Dublin, 3Arena
- 8 October — Dublin, 3Arena
Si Forever: The Diamond Edition tracklist:
- “Alla Gioia (Ode To Joy)”
- “Return To Love” ft. Ellie Goulding
- "Un Rêve De Liberté”
- “Ragazzo Mio (Danny Boy)"
- “Il Mare Calmo Della Sera (25th Anniversary version)”
- “Dormi Dormi Lullaby” ft. Jennifer Garner
- “Amo Soltanto Te” ft. Ed Sheeran
- “If Only” ft. Dua Lipa
- “Fall On Me” ft. Matteo Bocelli
- “Miele Impuro”
- “Gloria The Gift Of Life”
- “Vertigo With Raphael Gualazzi At The Piano”
- “I Am Here”
- “Ave Maria Pietas” ft. Aida Garifullina
Believe (Deluxe) tracklist:
- “You'll Never Walk Alone”
- “Fratello Sole Sorella Luna”
- “Pianissimo" ft Cecilia Bartoli
- “Amazing Grace (arr. Mercurio)” ft. Alison Krauss
- “Preghiera (arr. Mercurio)”
- “Gratia Plena” ft. Paolo Buonvino (from "Fatima" soundtrack)
- "Cantique de Jean Racine"
- "Inno Sussurrato"
- "Oh, Madre Benedetta!" (Adagio Di Albinoni)
- “I Believe" ft. Cecilia Bartoli
- “Ave Maria"
- “Angele Dei (arr Kaye)”
- “Agnus Dei (Intermezzo from L'Arlesienne Suite No.2, No.6.)”
- “Mui Grandes Noit' E Dia” (arr. Mercuirio)
- “Mira il Tuo Popolo" (arr. Mercuirio)
- “Amazing Grace" (arr. Mercuirio)
How did Andrea Bocelli go blind?
When he was born in 1958, Andrea Bocelli was diagnosed with congenital glaucoma that made him partially blind. He subsequently lost his vision altogether at 12 years old after he was hit in the head during a football match.
However, he has never let his blindness stop him from doing anything, including horseback riding, skydiving and water-skiing. Bocelli told the Daily Mail: “I made my parents suffer a lot when I was younger. Every day I take risks with my life. With the bicycle, with the horses, in the sea, everywhere. I probably have an angel. A very careful guardian angel.”
He continues, “I love horses, because I was born and brought up in the countryside. I began to ride when I was seven years old. I now have three marvellous Italian horses.”
How to get Andrea Bocelli tickets?
Tickets for the Andrea Bocelli tour are selling out fast. Don’t worry — it’s not Time To Say Goodbye! You can find guaranteed genuine Andrea Bocelli tickets on StubHub.