Andrea Bocelli Tour 2019: Concert dates, venues and how to get tickets
Italian opera singer Andrea Bocelli will be touring the UK in October 2019 and performing his most recent album, Si.
Released on 26 October 2018, Si made Bocelli the first classical singer to top the UK Albums Chart in 23 years. This hasn’t been done since The Three Tenors in 1996. Bocelli’s most recent album features duets with Ed Sheeran, Dua Lipa, Josh Groban and Matteo Bocelli, the singer’s son.
Clearly fans are digging the duets as Si has sold over one million copies worldwide. Speaking about the record going to No. 1 in the UK, he tells inews, “Life never ceases to amaze. I would never have imagined achieving this, even in a country that welcomed me from the very beginning. What really counts is the affection of an audience — the handshakes, the smiles, the applauses.”
Bocelli will be releasing an extended version of Si on 8 November titled Si Forever: The Diamond Edition. It will feature fresh duets, including one with the American actress Jennifer Garner and a track with British songstress Ellie Goulding.
The Belfast Telegraph quotes Goulding as saying: “It was a huge honour that the legendary Andrea Bocelli wanted me to feature on this song with him. I have always had an affinity with classical music and I’m a sucker for a love song. It was fun and enlightening to sing in Italian — a real joy to record.”
The world-famous tenor is perhaps best known in the UK for duets with the likes of Sarah Brightman on “Time To Say Goodbye” and Celine Dion on “The Prayer”. Dion once said of the Italian singer, “If God had a singing voice he would sound like Andrea Bocelli.”
Over the course of his nearly four-decade career, Bocelli has become the best-selling classical artist of all time with over 80 million records sold worldwide. Many describe him as the master of “crossover classical”, harmonizing a traditional style with contemporary mainstream collaborators and sounds.
He has appeared in numerous esteemed operas including Romeo and Juliet, Carmen, Madame Butterfly, Werther and more. He has also performed for four US Presidents, two Popes and for royals from Prince Albert II of Monaco to Queen Elizabeth II to Princess Eugenie’s wedding last year.
Want to be there when the Andrea Bocelli tour is here? Keep reading everything you need to know before you go.
Be there: Andrea Bocelli UK Tour
Andrea Bocelli fast facts
- Career began: 1982
- Hometown: Lajatico, Italy
- Number of studio albums: 16; Il Mare Calmo della Sera (1994), Bocelli (1995), Viaggio Italiano (1996–97), Aria: The Opera Album (1998), Sogno (1999), Sacred Arias (1999), Verdi (2000), Cieli di Toscana (2001), Sentimento (2002), Andrea (2004), Amore (2006), Incanto (2008), My Christmas (2009), Passione (2013), Cinema (2015), Sì (2018)
- Musical style: Classical music, opera
- Most famous singles: "Time to Say Goodbye” ft. Sarah Brightman, “The Prayer” ft. Celine Dion, "Ave Maria”, “Con te partirò”, “Perfect Symphony” ft. Ed Sheehan
What are Andrea Bocelli’s UK tour dates?
The Andrea Bocelli tour will have five UK dates during October 2019. These include shows in Birmingham, Glasgow, Belfast, Leeds and Manchester. Noticed London is missing?
Worry not, London Bocelli fans! The Prayer has been answered: the beloved Italian opera be coming back to the UK for one night only next year. The tenor will do a standalone show at London’s O2 Arena on 16 October 2020, followed up by a performance in Dublin two weeks later.
Andrea Bocelli tour dates:
- 19 October — Genting Arena, Birmingham
- 20 October — The SSE Hydro, Glasgow
- 24 October — The SSE Arena, Belfast
- 26 October — First Direct Arena, Leeds
- 27 October — Manchester Arena, Manchester
- 16 October — The O2 Arena, London
- 30 October — 3Arena, Dublin
When is the release date for Si Forever: The Diamond Edition?
Si Forever: The Diamond Edition is the extended version of Andrea Bocelli’s 2018 No. 1 album, Si. It will be released on 8 November and features new duets with Jennifer Garner and Ellie Goulding.
Describing his duet with Goulding, Classic FM quotes Bocelli as saying, “Ellie Goulding is the perfect singer for this track. She has a beautiful voice which I loved right away.”
Si Forever: The Diamond Edition tracklist:
- “Alla Gioia (Ode To Joy)”
- “Return To Love” ft. Ellie Goulding
- "Un Rêve De Liberté”
- “Ragazzo Mio (Danny Boy)"
- “Il Mare Calmo Della Sera (25th Anniversary version)”
- “Dormi Dormi Lullaby” ft. Jennifer Garner
- “Amo Soltanto Te” ft. Ed Sheeran
- “If Only” ft. Dua Lipa
- “Fall On Me” ft. Matteo Bocelli
- “Miele Impuro”
- “Gloria The Gift Of Life”
- “Vertigo With Raphael Gualazzi At The Piano”
- “I Am Here”
- “Ave Maria Pietas” ft. Aida Garifullina
How did Andrea Bocelli go blind?
When he was born in 1958, Andrea Bocelli was diagnosed with congenital glaucoma that made him partially blind. He subsequently lost his vision altogether at 12 years old after he was hit in the head during a football match.
However, he has never let his blindness stop him from doing anything, including horseback riding, skydiving and water-skiing. Bocelli told the Daily Mail: “I made my parents suffer a lot when I was younger. Every day I take risks with my life. With the bicycle, with the horses, in the sea, everywhere. I probably have an angel. A very careful guardian angel.”
He continues, “I love horses, because I was born and brought up in the countryside. I began to ride when I was seven years old. I now have three marvellous Italian horses.”
How to get Andrea Bocelli tickets?
Tickets for the Andrea Bocelli tour are selling out fast. Don’t worry — it’s not Time To Say Goodbye! You can find guaranteed genuine Andrea Bocelli tickets on StubHub.